Such an important and powerful message to our youth-and they heard you because our class discussions have been amazing!
Unlocking Potential and the Power of Resilience at Sterling Junior High School with Motivational Youth Speaker Eddie Cortes
Hey, everyone! I’ve got an incredible journey to share from my recent school assembly at Sterling Junior High in East Wenatchee, WA. As the motivational youth speaker, I was thrilled to inspire these remarkable students to believe in their potential and chase their im.possible dreams.
Kodi Lee: A Story of Unstoppable Resilience
I started by sharing the extraordinary story of Kodi Lee, a young, blind, and autistic musician with big dreams. Kodi dreamt of singing and playing music professionally, but on the surface, you could see his limitations. His obstacles seemed insurmountable. However, when he sits at the piano and starts to sing, you can hear his potential, his possibilities, and what he could become.
Kodi’s journey teaches us that potential transcends limitations. What he can become is far greater than anything he cannot do. Today, Kodi travels the world, living his dream, and showing us that the im.possible is within reach when you believe in your potential.
Your Potential Is Greater Than Your Limitations
I emphasized to the students that just like Kodi, their potential is greater than any obstacles, life circumstances, or limitations they may face. What they can become is far greater than anything they can’t do, and they have the power to achieve the impossible.
Empowering Students to Believe
The impact of the presentation was heartwarming. Many students expressed their enjoyment, with some calling it the most engaging school assembly program they’ve ever experienced. However, one student’s response stood out and touched my heart. She had a dream of starting a YouTube channel but hesitated due to her peers’ discouragement, who claimed she lacked the personality and talent for it. However, after the presentation, she had a change of heart. She realized that her potential far exceeded her limitations and decided to believe in herself, taking that crucial step towards her dream. It was a beautiful moment that made my day.
A Shout-Out to Sterling Junior High
Speaking at Sterling Junior High was a blast, and the middle school students were nothing short of amazing. I want to extend my heartfelt thanks to Julie Pierson for the invitation and the warm hospitality. Keep believing in your dreams, Sterling Junior High, even the impossible ones!
Until next time my friends!
IM.POSSIBLE Middle School Assembly Program
IM.POSSIBLE is a fun and interactive school assembly helping elementary and middle school students build resilience, a positive self-worth, and chase their I’m possible dreams.
2023-2024 TOUR DATES
- Aug. 8 – Gayle Middle, Stafford, VA
- Aug. 8 – Thompson Middle, Stafford, VA
- Aug. 8 – Poole Middle, Stafford, VA
- Aug. 21 – Boaz Middle School, Boaz, AL
- Sept. 1 – Wilson Ele School, Plant City, FL
- Sept. 7 – Fabens Middle School, Fabens, TX
- Sept. 7 – O’donnell Intermediate, Fabens, TX
- Sept. 11 – Bailey Elementary, Dover, FL
- Sept. 26 – Atrisco Elementary School, Albuquerque, NM
- Sept. 26 – Colinas del Norte Elementary, Rio Rancho, NM
- Sept. 27 – Alamosa Elementary School, Albuquerque, NM
- Oct. 16 – Entiat Schools, Entiat, East Wenatchee, WA
- Oct. 17 – Cascade Elementary, East Wenatchee, WA
- Oct. 17 – Sterling Jr. High, East Wenatchee, WA
- Oct. 18 – Rock Island Elementary, Rock Island, WA
- Oct. 18 – Grant Elementary, East Wenatchee, WA
- Oct. 19 – Clovis Point Elementary, East Wenatchee, WA
- Oct. 19 – Eastmont Jr. High, East Wenatchee, WA
- Oct. 20 – Kenroy Elementary, East Wenatchee, WA
- Nov. 6 – New Castle Elementary & Charter School, Newcastle, CA
- Nov. 6 – Foothill Ranch Middle School, Sacramental, CA
- Nov. 7 – Foothill Ranch Middle School, Sacramental, CA
- Nov. 7 – Manzanita Elementary School, Gridley, CA
- Nov. 17 – Central Middle School, Stirling, NJ
- Dec. 1 – Fred Wild Elementary, Sebring, FL
- Dec. 15 – Werner Elementary School, Fort Collins, CO
- Dec. 15 – Bacon Elementary School, Fort Collins, CO
- Dec. 18 – Indian Hill School, Holmdel, NJ
- Jan. 11 – Westfield Elementary, West Sacramento, CA
- March 1 – Kane County ROE,Geneva, IL
Elementary School Youth Motivational Speaker in Florida
ABOUT SCHOOL ASSEMBLY SPEAKER EDDIE CORTES
With over 20 years of experience, Eddie Cortes is regarded as one of the most engaging elementary and middle school speakers in the youth market. His mission is to empower students to build resilience and a positive self-worth.
This mission is personal. As a middle schooler, Eddie stopped believing in himself. In fact, his negative self-view impacted his grades, relationships, choices, and ultimately his dreams.
This experience is what fuels Eddie’s mission. He wants every elementary and middle school student to know that they are worthy of their dreams and have the tools to chase them.
To learn more about Youth Speaker Eddie Cortes click here.